Georges RemyChampagne Étienne Calsac
The Remy family have been landowners in Bouzy since 1829, though it wasn’t until 1950 that Georges’ grandfather produced champagne under his own label, and many of the estate’s vines were planted by him. Georges’ father continued to work the vines, though he stopped making champagne in the late 80s, and nothing was produced until Georges made his first wine – a still Bouzy red – in 2011. Farming has always been sustainable with full organic certification achieved in 2015. 2014 was the first vintage where Georges made champagne, and they are true to his origins as a red wine maker. Bouzy is fully south facing on the Montagne de Reims and Georges is one of the last to pick, creating ripe and vinous champagnes that are true to place. Georges’ base cuvée, Les Quatres Terroirs is a blend of plots from the four villages where Georges has plots, comprising 65% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay. The range is completed by a selection of stunning single vineyard champagnes including a compelling rosé de pinot noir mixed with a still Bouzy red from the same plot.
- Current Releases
- • Les Quatre Terroirs, 65% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay, 3.5g/l, 2017
- • Les Vaudayants Rose, 100% Pinot Noir incl 6% Bouzy Red, 0g/l, 2017
- • Les Vaudayants, Lieux-dit, Bouzy, 100% Pinot Noir, 0g/l, 2015
- • Les Muits, Lieux-dit, Tauxieres, 100% Chardonnay, 0g/l, 2015
- • Le Mont Tauxieres, Lieux-dit, Bouzy, 50% Chardonnay, 50% Pinot Noir, 0g/l, 2015