Thomas PersevalChampagne Thomas Perseval
Thomas Perseval works 6 parcels over 2.5 hectares in the village of Chamery in the north west of Montagne de Reims. His vines are planted in predominantly sandy soils with some clay and limestone, and the gentle northern and eastern slopes help retain freshness. Though the family have been ploughing the soil since the 90s, it was a stint with a biodynamic estate in Burgundy that convinced Thomas to switch to full organic farming and he has been certified since 2012. Our range of Thomas’ wines are all single vintage and zero dosage. The Grand Cuvée is an equal blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay, based solely on the 2014 vintage. Four of Thomas’ parcels are vinified as single vineyard cuvées, including the old vine (majority) Meunier la Pucelle, the 100% Chardonnay Le Village and the Pinot Noir Rosé de Saignée, La Mesure. Concentrated, complex ad highly textured, they are a tribute to the care and attention to detail in both the vineyard and the cellar.
- Current Releases
- • Grand Cuvee, 33% Chardonnay, 34% Pinot Noir, 33% Pinot Meunier, 0g/l 2014
- • Le Village, Lieux-dit, Chamery, 100% Chardonnay, 0g/l, 2014
- • La Pucelle, Lieux-dit, Chamery, 90% Pinot Meunier, 10% Pinot Noir, 0g/l 2015
- • La Masure Rosé, Lieux-dit, Chamery, 80% Pinot Noir, 20% Chardonnay, 0g/l, 2015
- • Le Hazat, Lieux-dit, Chamery, 100% Pinot Noir, 0g/l, 2014